Transport & Parking at the UQ Oral Health Centre
CONVENIENT LOCATION WITH DIRECT LINKS TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT
PUBLIC TRANSPORT OPTIONS
Located on the corner of Herston Road and Bramston Terrace, Herston, the UQ Oral Health Centre is across the street from the Herston Inner Northern Busway station.
This busway provides convenient access to public transport networks throughout Brisbane, with buses to the north and to the south travelling frequently at approximately every four minutes during normal business hours.
- ROMA STREET STATION: is the most convenient station with a direct link to the UQ Oral Health Centre. Catch your train to Roma Street and transfer to Platform 1 which is the connecting platform for the Inner Northern Busway. At Platform 1, catch the bus to the Herston Inner Northern Busway station - transit time from Roma Street to the Inner Northern Busway station is very quick (between four to six minutes). The journey from Roma Street Station to the Oral Health Centre is a 1 zone journey (within zone 1).
- NORTHERN BUSWAY ROUTES: The most convenient Northern Busway routes are 66, 330, 333 or 340. Once you arrive at the Inner Northern Busway on Platform Two, cross at the traffic lights and follow the elevated ramp which leads to the main patient entry for the Oral Health Centre.
- FORTITUDE VALLEY STATION: You can also walk to the Oral Health Centre from the Fortitude Valley (Brunswick Street) Train Station. The walk is approximately 20 minutes via Brunswick Street and Bowen Bridge Road (approximately 1.5 km).
We recommend you confirm details on train services using the Translink website or by contacting Translink Information Centre on 131 230.
- ROMA STREET STATION: Platform 1 is the connecting platform for the Inner Northern Busway. At Platform 1, catch the bus to the Herston Inner Northern Busway station - transit time from Roma Street to the Inner Northern Busway station is very quick (between four to six minutes). The journey from Roma Street Station to the Oral Health Centre is a 1 zone journey (within zone 1).
- ROUTE 66: Bus route 66 travels between the Herston campus and the UQ St Lucia campus approximately every five minutes during normal teaching times. It stops at the Princess Alexandra and Mater hospitals, as well as at the Park Road/Boggo Road interchange, South Bank, the Cultural Centre and King George Square. The first bus on route 66 runs from Platform 1E of King George Square at 6.30am, with buses running every seven to 10 minutes during business hours.
- KING GEORGE SQUARE: If departing from King George Square, buses for the Northern Busway leave from of Platforms 1D and 1E. The first bus departs at 5.45am, with buses running every 15 minutes until 6.45am, after which buses run on routes 330 and 333 every five minutes during the day.
We recommend you confirm details on bus services using the Translink website (use your address and 'Herston station' as the landmark to search for buses servicing your area), or by contacting the Translink Information Centre on 131 230.
There are a number of on-street and secure parking options available.
On-street parking is available along Herston Road and Gilchrist Avenue. Time limits and parking metre fines may apply along these streets.
Off-street parking is provided by three independently owned and operated carparks, being:
- The most convenient carpark to the Oral Health Centre is the Bramston Terrace Royal Children's Hospital carpark opposite the Oral Health Centre.
- Butterfield Street Metro Carpark (behind Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital)
- Wilson Car Park (located on the corner of Gilchrist Avenue and Herston Road).
Please see the site map below for details.