- Dentistry Alumni
|Discover the benefits of staying connected with your School.|
Our Alumni Association helps graduates to keep in touch with your peer group, stay up-to-date with developments in the Univeristy of Queensland's School of Dentistry, build and maintain valuable links with industry, other health professionals, community organisations, and the broader University of Queensland both locally and internationally and to give back to your profession by taking part in opportunities like student mentoring programs.
- UQ email address for life
- Reduced rates for library access
- Reduced rates for internet access via UQ Connect
- Reduced membership rates for UQ Sport
- Access to the U21’s Global Alumni Program
Members of the Alumni Association also receive the biannual alumni enewsletter, Contact.
Visit the UQ Alumni Community webpage
What has the Dentistry Alumni achieved?
The Dentistry Alumni gains funds to support the School from
- Regular major fundraising events
- Donations and in-kind support from the dental industry
- Direct contributions via membership fees for the Dentistry Alumni
- Donations from members and non-members
Over the years, the Dentistry Alumni has provided financial and material assistance to support a range of teaching and research activities at the School of Dentistry.
Projects supported by the Dentistry Alumni include:
- An extra-oral panoramic X-ray system (OPG)
- Articulators for teaching in prosthodontics
- Endodontic motors and handpieces
- Sonic scalers for the periodontics clinic
- Microscopes for teaching sessions in pathology and histology
- Computer workstations for the Dentistry Library
Fundraising for the Chair of General Practice Dentistry, which was established with donations from the profession and from industry.
School of Dentistry
200 Turbot Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
|Dentistry Alumni section|